See food-coma-inducing highlights below.
I wanted to marry this plate of heaven. You just don't find ceviche like this any old where, even in CA. I got a little misty-eyed when I ate the last bite of it.
Fresh salsa and guacamole on the beach with a Michelada - pretty much the best thing ever and what we ate every single day.
Pigfish - couldn't go there, but ate the shit out some marlin tacos on this trip.
Crazydelicious fresh juices. This is papaya, but my favorite is Guyabana (Soursop), which tastes like Passionfruit or a kinda sour-sweet tropical bit of heaven. I found some at a local market and made myself a somewhat decent version for breakfast today.
O getting brave and eating fresh tamarind.
This is Celia and she taught us all to make tamales. We were a lil hungover and overheated, but it was still awesome to learn how to make something so intricate and time-consuming. Also, she was such a rad person - really sassy and sarcastic. Here, she's making tamarind margaritas from scratch. Ridiculously good!