I came to Chicago for a publishing conference. It was awesome to see and hear the great things people are doing with their magazines, but the second I saw a chance to break out, I took a walk. I did a nice, long loop around Millenium Park, along Lake Michigan, and back up to Navy Pier, stopping to take pics of the absurd names people give their boats. All the buildings are beautiful, but the Marina Towers (aka. Wilco Towers) were the coolest. The "Jellybean" and the video installation in Millenium Park were hilarious - especially with kids and drunks splashing around, and the dozens of cops on Segways playing yard monitors.
Later in the day, the art director of my magazine arrived and after a few free margaritas (yay, hotel cocktail hour!) we had another big walk. I could've kept walking and snapping pics until the sun came up.
My last night in town, I met up with my old, great friend Matt for dinner, and got a small tour of other parts of Chicago.
And finally, with a few last hours to spare, I got to grab a last taste of pizza with housemade sausage and some of the best Lambrusco I've ever had.






























