A short list of faves: The Gotham-style architecture is jaw-dropping. I felt like I was in a Superman or Batman comic. The old, landmark building by my hotel that was lit with gas lamps at night. The pizza totally lives up to the hype, even for folks who live for NYC style.That first night, the fog rolled in from Lake Michigan and shrouded the tops of the buildings, and it felt like a warmer SF. The bottle shop down the street had tons of Belgian ales and I ended up picking the Foret because it had unicorns and elves on the label. The El is my favorite public transportation ever. The old, creaky, but sturdy train had me caught up in nostlagia for things I don't even know.
Sunday, September 28, 2008
Flying Solo in the Windy City
Never having been to Chicago, it was nice to have a day to myself, to get pleasantly lost and discover.