By the way, the ice made there isn't meant to be consumed. It's usually sold to folks for other stuff. Mysterious other stuff which I will tell you about sometime, if you ask me. ~ D
Sunday, January 20, 2008
Until I Can Get to Reykjavik
I headed over to the old Iceland skating rink and ice plant, and boy are those places awesome! The rink was super watery after the long power outage a couple of weeks back, and the ice plant was totally hectic because the machines (some of which have been operating since the last years of the 1800s!) were on the fritz. A super nice guy, who's skated and worked at Iceland for decades, took us around the plant until all the old fashioned alarm whistles started to go berserk and we literally had to run for it over creaky, old boards. It was like being in an old Tom & Jerry cartoon.
By the way, the ice made there isn't meant to be consumed. It's usually sold to folks for other stuff. Mysterious other stuff which I will tell you about sometime, if you ask me. ~ D








By the way, the ice made there isn't meant to be consumed. It's usually sold to folks for other stuff. Mysterious other stuff which I will tell you about sometime, if you ask me. ~ D