Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Never Trust a Poet

I should be posting pics of the fun/funny times we're having while getting settled, but I have to give you an example of one of the best parts of this move: getting to have dinner, for the first time in 8 years, together every night (just like the folks do it on the teevee!) So tonight's topic was: Poets are Not to Be Trusted (according to Mark)

See, me, Dani - I like some poetry a lot, my mom read me lots of poetry, I have friends who actually got degrees in poetry. Poetry, at its best, can be like a good song. It can take an ordinary thing and make it profound. Seriously, stop laughing dude! Poetry CAN be good!

So, after much laughter and heckling (Dani: "You read the kids Shel Silverstein every night, man? You read bout the poet laureates in "The Believer!" Mark: "Slam Poetry? Coffeehouse poets? Don't trust 'em!) Mark found a poem we both could agree upon. A poem so wonderful that it could only come from the mind of that most brilliant of geniuses. Enjoy it and perhaps you too may give poetry a chance.

"MR.KNOCKY" by CHRISTOPHER SULLIVAN
Mr.Knocky knock today,
and then he knock tommorrow,
Mr.Knocky go away,
because you cause me sorrow.
Get a roundhouse kick on your stupid head,
Mr.knocky then your dead. UH!
La lalalala la la la
lala....ohhhh.....oh,knocky...la,yeah..yeah...yeah..ahhhhh......ah!