Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Holdin' Pattern

Hi Friends!

We just moved to Pasadena and are getting settled, and taking tons of pictures. We'll get to postin' asap. I swear I put that camera cord around here somewhere....

In the meantime, here are some of the rad things about our new town:

* Super lush, gorgeous gardens and parks that were established long ago.
* Our cute little Spanish Colonial house was built in 1920 and has a basement (the kids new favorite place to hang out).
* "June Gloom" which means we wake up in the midst of cool fog that turns into nice, warm sunny days (sorry Sacto peeps suffering from gnarly heat waves).
* Violet night skies and the big purple San Gabriel mountains behind our house.
* The mourning dove family living in our garden (Just like in Sac! The kids are thrilled.)

And the sweetest thing so far:

* Yesterday, while I was unloading the moving truck, a glamourous little old couple drove up in this gleaming scarlet E-Type Jaguar and started pointing at my house and beckoning to me. I walked over and they told me they were brother and sister, and that my house was where they grew up. Their family spent from the late 1930s until 1950 in the house and they went to the same school my kids are going to. It sent serious beams of happiness through me. I told them to come back anytime and tell me more stories. So rad, right?

OK, promise to post stuff soon.

Love,
Dani & Co.