Thursday, December 20, 2007

Falcor's Magic Luck Cookies

We have no wonderful, new photos to upload, so instead I (Dani, of course) am going to divulge the secret which I accidentally discovered for cookies so good they could unite all of humanity. If these cookies were humans, they'd have a starring role in "The Neverending Story" and poor Artax the horse would never have slipped into the Swamps of Sadness and I wouldn't have that awful, scarring image of Atreyu freaking out burned forever into my mind. So, here goes:

Heat your oven to 375

1/4 pound + 2 T butter
1/2 c brown sugar
1/2 c white sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/8 c flour
1/2 t salt
1/2 t baking soda
1/2 t cinnamon
1 1/2 c chocolate chips
1/2 c shredded coconut

Mix the butter, sugars, eggs & vanilla. Mix the dry ingredients. Mix those together and add the chips & coconut. Bake them an inch apart for 10 minutes (or longer if your oven is a weak, old piece of crap). Eat a couple and give the rest to somebody who makes you happy.